As Linux System Support Administrator you will be part of our partner Operations department. You will work shifts in 24/7 Operation Center, within a team of Technical and Application Support, Linux or Windows and Network Engineers.
This is your chance to be a part of the Improving team! Come work with a company that believes that teamwork is the greatest competitive advantage and holds respect for people, providing a great place to work, and delivering quality results as core values. This position’s day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent and highly collaborative. It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Office Location: near Unirii – central location
- Modern office environment with all the work and play amenities
- Working in a friendly environment
- Working with new technologies on interesting enterprise level projects
- Assist in the management of multi-farm server and storage functions for the company
- Ensure Data Protection/Backups of servers are maintained according to SLAs
- Configure and deploy Linux servers as required
- Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external servers and storage.
- Develops and maintains all system, applications, security and network configurations.
- Performs server upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Provides technical support and guidance to users.
- Support the business functions, data center, offices and IT service\application requirements.
- Ensure all server services and support meet defined corporate SLA’s.
- Assist with developing and maturing server processes required to support and scale the companies IT service functions.
- Assist with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery services and Data Centers pertaining to the servers
- Responsible for server systems design and engineering in support of new systems, services and scalability.
- Assist with Vendor and contract negotiation and management
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Intermediate knowledge of the following systems, technologies and concepts:
o Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu – Solaris, AIX or HP-UX a plus
o Enterprise Backup technologies – Rubrik, NetBackup, Veeam, Data Domain, Exagrid
o Management and operations of Linux systems within VMware hypervisor
o Experience scripting for automation/deployment processes
o SAN Storage – FC Switching, Block Storage, NFS File Storage
o Solarwinds to proactively monitor systems and the data centers
o Zerto Virtual Replication
o Server and storage products from: HP, Cisco, DellEMC, Pure, Brocade
- Strong planning, project management and communication skills
- Ability to support and execute projects in a distributed matrix environment
- Experienced in managing and delivering upon multiple projects with competing time and resource requirements
Nice to have:
- Have worked in an environment supporting multiple branch offices
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related degree