As Junior Linux System Administrator, you will be part of our partner Operations department.
You will work shifts in 24/7 Operation Center, within a team of Technical and Application Support, Linux or Windows and Network Engineers.
This is your chance to be a part of the Improving team! Come work with a company that believes that teamwork is the greatest competitive advantage and holds respect for people, providing a great place to work, and delivering quality results as core values.
This position’s day to day responsibilities will challenge you to be both independent and highly collaborative.
It will require a problem solver with a positive attitude who loves to learn new things.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Office Location: near Unirii – central location
- Modern office environment with all the work and play amenities
- Working in a friendly environment
- Working with new technologies on interesting enterprise level projects
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Generally, right out of college or trade school or possibly making a career change;
- Basic knowledge regarding Linux;
- Understand basic computer and networking concepts;
- Aptitude to understand and use our basic support tools like SolarWinds, Service Now, etc.
- Aptitude to understand and use basic support processes like escalation procedures, on-call, etc.
- First line of support for triggered monitors, emails or phone calls that come in to the help desk, etc.
- Can perform basic tasks like running top or df to check system status or even password reset without help.
- Can perform not as basic tasks like adding users, running maintenance scripts, or expanding a filesystem by following a KB article or some other form of documentation.
- Should progress rapidly to L2 level with proper guidance.